Logging in for the first time after install
After you successfully installed the snomONE on Windows, Linux or Mac OS system, you want to login to the PBX web interface. To do that you simply open your favorite web browser and type http://localhost on the address bar. At this point, generally, you will see the login page for the PBX.
In some cases, you will see a different web page or you may not see any valid page at all. There are few simple reasons for that and it is easy to find a solution once we understand the reason.
- The HTTP(s) ports (port 80 and/or 443) is used by another program on your computer. This is the most common case.
- The LDAP port (port 389) is in use.
- SIP ports (port 5060 and/or 5061) are in use.
In these cases, unfortunately, PBX does not write the errors to the log file. But, since the issue is well understood we can always resolve it.
How to find out which port is in use
You can find out which port is in use by following the below procedure.
- Start command prompt on Windows or a Terminal/Console on the non-Windows system.
- Navigate to the snom ONE working directory.
- On Windows enter .\pbxctrl.exe --dir . --no-daemon --log 9
- On Linux enter ./snomONE-ctrl --dir . --no-daemon --log 9
- Press enter
This will start the snomONE application and write the log to the console. From the log, we can see which port is really causing the problem. Once we know the issue, we can use one of the below methods to resolve it.
There are 2 ways to resolve this issues.
- By changing the default ports to something different.
- The snomONE uses a configuration file called pbx.xml. You can find this file under the installation folder. You can open this file under your favorite editor and change the following parameters
- ip_http_port - The default value is 80. Change it to something else, say 8080
- ip_https_port - The default value is 443. Change it to something else, say 8081
- ip_ldap_port - The default value is 389. Change it to something else, say 8082
- ip_sip_udp_port - The default is 5060. Change it to something else, say 5080
- ip_sip_tcp_port - The default is 5061. Change it to something else, say 5081
- Note: It is advisable to stop the PBX service, if running before making the above changes. Also, you can make this change one at a time and see if that fixes the issue.
- For example, you can change the ip_http_port to 8080, save the pbx.xml file, start the service and try to login to http://localhost:8080. If this works, then you can make the other changes on using the PBX web interface itself.
- By knowing what other services/programs are running on your system.
- This approach is bit difficult if the user is not aware of their environment properly. But the usual suspects are web servers, like the IIS(Windows), Apache(non-Windows), SIP based softphones etc. So you can turn them off and then restart the PBX to see if you can login to the PBX web interface.
By following one of the above approaches, you should be able to login to the PBX web interface. If you still have issues, then you should contact the VAR/Distributor. Also, http://forum.snomone.com has a lot of information that can help resolve your installation & configuration issues.