Snom ONE plus update
Updating your snom ONE plus box
Once undertaken all updates must be completed before your box will once again be functional
IMPORTANT: While updating you must not do the following:
- Reset your box
- Remove the power cable or turn off the box
- Remove any network cables or any other wires attached to your device
If you do not stick to the above guidelines it could potentially break your device and snom will not be held responsible. Before updating it is recommended that you make sure you are able to leave your box to update. The update can take Thirty minutes* to be completed. HOWEVER, it does depend on your broadband speed as some updates are over 100MB and will need to be downloaded during the update process. So it is recommended that you update your snom ONE plus box outside office hours as this can effect calls.
*Time depends on Broadband connection
The updates do not require to be done in a specific order however it is more efficient to do it in the following order.
First step is the admin console, this will update the web administration console:
- Login to snom ONE and click on Server Console -> Admin Console
- Click Advanced on the top right side of the screen
- Enter username superadmin and password snom1
- Under the Hardware tab, click on Update snom ONE plus :
- In the page that follows, choose Admin Console and then click Check & Update:
- A pop-up box will appear asking you to confirm the update, please press OK and then wait for about 5 minutes, then enter http://192.168.168.1:9090/superupdate/ in your browser to get to the update page again.
You will now be presented with the updated admin console which will allow you to update the snom ONE PBX and Sangoma Netborder express. This provides optimizations to the snom ONE Plus and will be complete once the system restarts.
- Click the Check & Update button:
- A pop-up box will appear asking you to confirm the update, please confirm and then wait for about 15-30 minutes until your server restarts.
Note: if the system does not restart on itself and you have been waiting longer than 45 minutes, then you will need to restart it manually by removing the power cable and then plugging it back in
- You will know that the system restarted by checking the Uptime under System Information
After the restart you will need to browse back to the update page (http://192.168.168.1:9090/superupdate/) and click the Check & Update button again. This will then install the latest snom ONE PBX and update the Sangoma Netborder Express Gateway this step can take approximately 15 minutes. Once all updates are complete the Check & Update button will no longer be present when browsing to the update page:
Note: please ignore the version numbers you see in the screenshots. The actual versions get updated from time to time.