User Email Settings
The email settings on this page allow users to receive emails as notification of all incoming calls on their extension. Users can also request an audio file, or WAV file, of voicemail that has been left on their extension. Email settings are located in Settings > Email, and the descriptions of the settings are listed below.
- Email Address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org): This feature allows users to integrate their email account with their extension account. Voicemail messages will be sent to the user’s email account according to the settings chosen below (a semicolon is required when entering multiple email addresses into this field).
- Send a mailbox message by email:
- ―Do not send an email: No email will be sent. This option should be used when the user prefers to use only the phone to receive voicemail messages.
- ―Send emails without attachments: Email notifications will be sent to the user for every voicemail that is received. This provides somewhat of a visual voice mailbox. The user will see the name and number of the caller and the date and time that the call arrived. To retrieve the voicemail itself, the user will need to call into the voicemail. The benefit of this mode is that emails that are relatively short can easily be read using mobile devices that support reading emails.
- ―Send message as attachment: The user’s actual voicemails will be attached to the email notifications. This option should be selected if email is being used throughout the day and a personal computer is being used to process the email.
- After sending a message: This setting allows users to decide what to do with a voicemail message after it has been emailed to them:
- ―Keep message as new message: The message will remain in the user’s mailbox as a new message. This option has the potential danger of eventually overfilling the voice mailbox. Administrators can use the Voicemail Size setting to restrict the number of voicemail messages.
- ―Mark message as read: The message will remain in the user’s mailbox, but the system will drop the oldest message to make room for new messages if the mailbox becomes full. The disadvantage of this mode is that the message waiting indicator will not alert the user of new messages.
- ―Delete the message: The message will be deleted after the email has been sent. This keeps the mailbox clean, but because the system does not store voicemail messages permanently, the user will need to listen to the messages from the email client.
- Send email on missed calls: When this setting has been activated, the system sends the user an email for each missed call. Calls to a hunt group or agent group are not included.
- Send email record for all calls: When this setting is activated, the system sends the user an email for all calls. This feature is useful for keeping track of a group sales extension, a telemarketing campaign, or calls made to a new employee’s extension. (When both “missed calls” and “all calls” have been activated, the user will receive two emails for each missed call.)
- Send email on status changes: The user will be notified of all status changes (e.g., toggling the DND status, changing the registration status, etc.).